The wireless network is the act of transmitting or communicating between two points without a cable connection. The practicality of wireless technologies provides great advantages to its users in many areas of our daily life. Wireless keyboards, wireless mice, and headphones are more practical and advantageous to use than wired ones.
Thanks to the infrared IrDA technology, you can easily change the television channels from where you are sitting with the remote control. Previously, it was necessary to get up and go to the television in order to reduce or increase the volume of the television. It offered the opportunity to do all the work from where you sit, via the infrared signals of the television remotes. Thanks to PAN technology, users are offered the opportunity to share and use networks with mobile devices or computers in homes, cafes, and various businesses. With BLUETOOTH, you can quickly transfer data between 10 meters and 100 meters to other mobile devices wirelessly and share all data.
In this and many similar areas of use, both the user is offered practical use without the need for cable costs, and more affordable sharing can be made because it does not require cable costs. Wireless communication not only provides ease of use and practicality but also provides an area of unlimited freedom. The development of technology has brought ease of access to the internet and information, as well as providing comfort to its users.
Wireless Technology Examples
- WIRELESS IAR: It is the name given to the wireless use of the local standard network. This happens between a wireless distributor and a wireless receiver.
- PAN: It is the use of personal area network sharing between mobile devices or computers.
- BLUETOOTH: It is a system that provides sharing via radiofrequency. It is a wireless communication method that provides high-speed data transfer over a short distance.
- WPAN: It is a network of connecting electronic devices at close range.
- IrDA: It is the wireless network sharing created by infrared rays.
- Z-WAVE: It is used in smart home applications to control devices and provide wireless up to 30 meters distance.
- WIMAX: It is a broader-based wireless network technology of Wi-Fi technology.
2 devices are needed to create WLAN. One of them is the wireless distributor and the other is the wireless receiving device. WLAN (Wirellesslocalarea network) stands for wireless local area network. A standard local area network (LAN) is called a wireless WLAN. WIRELESS means wireless.